Easy Way Out

I'm not crafty, creative, or a great cook. This blog is just going to be some simple, inexpensive ways to tackle different things. The motto of Easy Street 2: "Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do. Or do without." I haven't always lived this way, but I've slowly changed over to cheap, recycling, and re-purposing. I love learning new ways to do things, so you're joining me on this journey! Failures, successes? I'll report them all!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Cheap Chic Scarves

I love scarves.  I'm also big busted, so I have to use caution when wearing scarves because they can be unflattering.

On a recent shopping trip I saw a beautiful scarf and thought about buying it.  Then I checked the price:  $78.00.  Soooo not happening.

I love bargains, too.  Let's be honest, even the scarves at Target average about $14-16.  No offense, but when you can buy a shirt at Target for $18, that seems a little over priced.

So, here is a secret I have to share:  Dillons.  Not Dillards, the department store, but Dillons the grocery store.  Dillons, aka as Krogers, has had scarves for the last two seasons.  And the price:  $4.99.  I found them on a swivel rack close to the pharmacy area, and they have such a nice selection of colors that it was hard to choose.

The only drawback is that they are all the same fabric and style.  (Not unlike Target.)  But for $5 a scarf, it is hard to complain!
Six scarves for $30.  (I did not purchase these at the same time.  Three was my limit; three for the price of one Target scarf.)  And everything I buy at Dillons applies to my gas discount at their pumps- up to $1.00 discount a gallon.  

Sometimes bargains can be found in unusual places. It pays to keep your eyes open.

PS. Dillons/Krogers isn't paying me for this publicity.  Of course, if they choose to send me a check, I won't refuse it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment